Monday, November 2, 2009

Chapter 38: A Chore

I woke up early, feeling Sidney’s hot breath against my shoulder. I smiled at the memories form last night. Every girl is supposed to picture their first time, and how perfect it should be. But to me last night was as perfect as it was going to get.

I got out of bed, noticing the clock that said it was 5:45 am. I was usually an early riser, having to cook breakfast for everyone back home then go to work before school.

I walked over to the closet and noticed that the new clothes Sidney had forced me into buying were neatly put away. I grabbed the baby blue velour sweat suit we had bought at a store called juicy couture and then went to the underwear drawer and smiled at the only things I had truly enjoyed buying, because I knew they would benefit Sid every time he saw them on me.

Victoria’s secret was powerful in that way.

I changed quickly and made my way downstairs, I pulled on a pair of rolled down UGG boots and was delighted to see that my own car keys were hanging on the key holder.

I drove over to the grocery store and got a bunch on groceries. Enough to fill the pantry and the fridge even though it was choking my bankcard.

When I got home I was lucky enough to see that Sidney was still sleeping, and went back up to change into one of his big T-shirts. Once I was ready I went downstairs to the amazing kitchen and set up the new coffee maker I had just bought and put away all of the groceries.

I was flipping pancakes, scrambling eggs and frying bacon when I felt Sidney wrap his warm arms around my hips, kissing my neck. “Mmmmm… smells good baby” he purred in my ear, causing chills to roll up and down my spine.

I turned to face him, and placed a soft kiss on him pillowy lips. Igniting a smile to brake through the kiss and play out on his lips. I stopped the kiss and reached around to grab him a mug of coffee.

“Where did all this come from?” he asked going to sit at the island facing me as I plated food for the both of us. “I’m an early riser” I shrugged. “How much did you spend?” he asked a bit more serious this time. “Don’t worry, I spent my own money…” I said hoping he wouldn’t get mad.

He sighed and shook his head. “No… I don’t want you spending your money on this stuff, that’s my job… please?” he asked pouting his lips. I nodded ‘fine’ and he went back to drinking his coffee before digging into the plate in front of him.

“So I have school in an hour, then work after that but I’ll be home to make you dinner” I smiled, pushing the food around my plate distracted by his face of almost anger.

“You don’t have to cook dinner… I’m not like them… I don’t want you to feel like you have to be my maid.” He said, seething of just the thought of them. I chuckled, and caused a shocked face to pick up on his face.

“This is much different… I want you do this for you, I cant promise I will be able to every day, but I want to. I enjoy doing this, I really do… they just made it feel like such a chore, you wont do that, I know that for sure.”

He nodded and kissed me again before I got up to go get ready for school. I changed quickly, applying a little bit of makeup and dashed down the stairs, collecting my books that were laying around the dinning room table and placing them in the bag Sidney had gotten me.

“Bye Babe!” I yelled from the doorway and heard him yell goodbye back from the TV room. One of the only rooms that were semi-set up before we moved in. Sidney needed to watch game tapes… there was no question about that.


* * *

I got through my classes and finally was almost done with work. Megan came in for her shift with Jordan on her arm, smiling more brightly than I had ever seen. Inside I was happy that I had contributed to that smile, but it was her who decided to put her fears behind her and go for what she wanted.

That was the Megan I knew.

As I was finishing up I saw Sidney walk through the garage door and come up to me.

“Hey, Har… you almost done grease bunny?” he laughed kissing my temple. I nodded, but my view was directed elsewhere when I saw a tall, broad figure walk through the door.

His face cleared through the sunlight, and I got a perfect view. Jason.

I ran full force toward him and he picked me up quickly spinning me around with a hug. I was taken out of my moment by a glare of confusion from Sidney.

Jason kissed my cheek, and hugged me more tightly.

“God, I’ve missed you” He whispered to me.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what the deal is with Jason!! Great update

    ReplyDelete
  2. so... reading that and my inner Sid got really pissed off. The only words that crossed my brain was "Who the fuck is Jason?! And when can I kill him!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with heather, WHO THE SHIT IS JASON?!?!

    ReplyDelete