Thursday, October 1, 2009

Chapter 25: Up, Up And Away...

My mind was rushing at a million miles an hour. His lips felt like what I always imagined clouds feeling like. Perfect.
He licked my bottom lip, asking for entrance, as he pulled his warm body closer to mine.

I couldn’t think straight. Partly from the tingling feeling reeking havoc on my entire body, and probably also partly from the fact that I couldn’t the last time I had taken in a real amount of oxygen for my body.

As I tried to fill my nostrils with air, I was interrupted by a bitter, smoky smell. Wait, he had been cooking... Hadn’t he?

I pushed my body away from his, and couldn’t help but be a little worried about the smell. “Do you smell something burning?”.
His smile faded immediately and he jumped from the couch toward the kitchen, with me hot on his trail.

He burst through the swinging doors and we were engulfed in black smoke. Swatting our hands all around, we reached the stove. Sidney grabbed the pan and quickly placed it in the sink, smothering the source of smoke with cold water.

As I looked at the scene around us I couldn’t help but laugh. Sid turned in shock at my outburst and gave me a sad puppy look.
“I’m Sorry...” he said clearly disappointed with himself. I smiled up at him and weaved my hands around his waist.

“That’s okay, I’m sure even famous hockey households have takeout menus” he killed my smirk with a light kiss and easily lifted me onto the counter behind us. He pulled open a drawer and revealed an array of takeout menus.

He passed me the stack and I sifted through them. “What do you want?” he shrugged lightly trying to find the phone.
“Choose whatever you want, I’m good with anything”. I had to forced my jaw to come up from the floor, realizing that people actually had souls, and that not everyone was like... Them.

“Um... Any place in here with a good burger?” he smiled up at me.
“Man, you’re perfect” he flipped through the flyers and found a bright orange one and handed it to me to choose.

We called in and in no more than half an hour did it arrive. We found our spots on the couch and he tossed the remote at me... Letting me choose again... I could get used to this.

I was trying to be diplomatic and not choose something overly selfish to watch, but when One Tree Hill was one of the choices I couldn’t resist. He laughed at my choice and settled back on the couch, allowing me full access to his frame to rest on.

I could feel this chest moving up and down as we lay there, mutually intrigued might I add, by the episode playing out in front of us.

“Could you imagine being at graduation and then have your wife go into labour... I think I would have heart failure I would be so nervous” sidney said, lightly chuckling.

“Yea... Speaking of heart failure.. My step mother is going to have heart failure if I get home any later.” Sid lashed onto me tighter, kissing my lips again. “No.” he pouted as I laughed lightly. I gave him a look and he rolled his eyes.

“Yea, yea... Let me walk you out” he smiled bringing me to my feet. We walked outside to the front of the house where I had parked my car, and he trapped me between my car door and his perfect kisses.

“Can we see each other again soon?” he said as he finished off another round of perfect kisses. I nodded my head and he hugged me once last time. He opened the door and waved as he went back up to the house and went inside.

I took a deep breath and sighed heavily as I turned on my car. Unlike before, instead of purring to life... She well... Put-Putted and Stop there. I tried a couple more times but gave up, getting out of the car and climbing the stairs of the white house size estate.

Sidney came to the door on the second ring, and immediately plastered a smirk on his face. “Already back for more, eh?” I rolled my eyes and he grabbed his keys.
“I thought I heard something weird outside”.

I slid into his Jaguar that I had just recently fixed up and gave him directions. I was hoping and praying no one was home yet, but as we pulled up to the pink house the step-monster just had to have, all my hopes were squashed.

The light was on and I tried to hurry up goodbyes before any of them had the chance to ruin this for me. I reached for the door handle but was immediately met by three sets of furious eyes.

“We have been waiting for you for hours, we want our dinner now and the beds haven’t even been made! Who do you think you are? Part of this family? Because that is something you are definitely NOT!” Fiona yelped from her botoxed stance.

I nodded, feeling a numbness serge through my body and leaned down to the car window.
“I’m sorry, thanks for tonight...” I whispered. Sid’s shocked I blinked as he nodded silently. I moved away from the car and followed them into the house.

---------------

I was a good hour and a half before I made it back up to my room in the attic. I absent mindedly through on the lights and turned around emitting a light scream.

“Sidney! What are you doing up here?....how did you get up here?”

5 comments:

  1. I love sneaky sidney, i can't wait to see what he does. please update fast cause this part is killing me with the suspence please upadte. i love this story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm... tricky tricky. Didn't see that ending coming at all, Good Job! Can't wait to see what's up next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MUahahah did I forget to tell you... He's actually Spider Man :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great update!! Sid is just so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete