Thursday, October 15, 2009

Chapter 31: How to Rescue a Princess

I sat staring out off the head table listening to Vero's father drone on about love and relationships and how you need to fight to stay happy together. I smiled as my eyes finally found Harley, sitting way at the back, half hiding Megan from the front. She looked.... I couldn't describe it. It was perfect... Magnificent...

The speeches were finally over, I escaped from the table, starting towards Harley when I caught Jordan out of the corner of my eye. He looked so lost today; the smile he was faking during the ceremony had finally been dropped and now... Now he just sat at the table with a drink in his hand. I watched as he looked up in the same direction that I knew Harley and Megan were sitting.

"I can't stand this man." I sighed at him as he radiated pain. "You need to figure it out and make a decision." I gave him a quick pat on the back before heading towards them to claim my beautiful girlfriend. I paused about four feet from Harley and extended my hand in offering. She glance around quickly. Who was she looking for? Before standing and accepting my hand smiling. I pulled her gently to the dance floor before wrapping my arms securely around her. "You look amazing..." I sighed looking down at her as she blushed softly, looking down at the ground. I gently took her chin in my hands and tilted her face back to mine. She looked at me confused as I lowered my lips to her soft pink ones. She sighed softly, relaxing into me. I ran my tongue across her bottom lip, tasting her strawberry flavoured lip gloss.

"Sid..." She whispered against me, as I pulled back slightly.

"Get a room you two!" Cookie grinned, spinning his wife past us. I chuckled softly at him before wrapping my arm around Harley's shoulders.

"Wanna get out of here?" She nodded as I led her out to my jag. "Your place or mine?" I looked over at her and she bit her thumb nail nervously.


"You really want to go back to that?" She asked shocked at me.


"Sure..." I shrugged, "why not? I haven't met your family yet. And I want take you home this summer to meet mine." I laughed as I looked at her from the corner of my eye. "What?"


"You... want to meet my family?" She whispered softly.


"Of course..." I shrugged. Her family couldn't be that bad, could they? I stopped the car in front of the bubble gum pink house and ran around to open the door for her. I took her hand and squeezed it gently as we headed up the stairs to the front door. She pulled her key out of her purse, but didn't really get a chance to use it as the door swung open and Fiona Scott appeared in the doorway.

"Harley, you're late! The laundry's not done and Farrah and Sofia need their chemistry homework. It's due tomorrow!" My eyes narrowed slightly at Fiona. Who the hell was she to tell Harley what to do? Her gaze slowly turned to mine moving from anger, to maliciousness, to shock, to fake happiness. "Why, Mr. Crosby, what are you doing here? It's such a pleasure to see you again."

"Well... Mrs. Scott, you're beautiful daughter did me the pleasure of accompanying me to a friend's wedding this evening. I asked to meet her family." I smiled sincerely, squeezing Harley's hand in my own.

"She is not my daughter." Fiona spat before catching herself and replacing her face smile.

"Oh... Forgive us then... We'll just be going." I shrugged, letting go of Harley's hand and placing my hand on the small of her back, leading her down the stairs back to my car. "C'mon, Har. I'll take you home." It wasn't until we got back to my jag that she snapped out of the funk she was in.

"I can't go, Sid... I have... well you heard what I have to do." She sighed dutifully turning back to the house. I shook my head at her and took her hand, stopping her in her tracks.

"I can't let you go back there, Har." I whispered, pulling her back to me, and wrapping my arms around her tightly. "No way... I can't let you stay somewhere that you're treated like that." She sighed deeply before looking up at me sadly.

"They're my family, Sid. They're the only thing I have left." She glanced back at the house as a tear fell down her cheek. I sighed, catching it easily with my thumb.

"Don't care. Family doesn't treat you like that. C'mon... If we're lucky the kids will all be asleep." She laughed softly, shortly, as I kissed her forehead gently; opening the car door for her, and letting her slide inside before running around to the driver's side. I looked up at the door to see Fiona flanked by her daughters, screaming at Harley to come back inside.

If I had anything to say about it... Harley would never set foot in that house again.

5 comments:

  1. OMMMMMGGGGGG IM ACTUALLYYYY SOOOOO LOVING THIS RIGHT NOW!

    IM IN MATH AND TRYING TO BE DISCREET ABOUT HOW EXCITED THIS MADE BUT ITS TRES HARD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Sid!!!! Harley deserves so much more than her family gives her. Its so sad!!! Great update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 that was amazing!!
    What a guy!! *le sigh*

    Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was incredibly sweet. Sugar, candy cane sweet but still lovely to read.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww! Super Sid to the rescue!!

    Loved it! I hope Harley never has to go back their either >.< stupid Fiona!

    ReplyDelete