Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Chapter 35: Right Timing

I woke instantly, stretching out my back and feeling the woman shaped body lying next to me. I glanced down to find Harley cuddled into my side, sighing softly. A smile formed on my lips as I ran my fingers through her soft hair. How did I get so lucky? How did I get her? I leaned down and gently kissed the top of her head before slipping out of bed and taking the stairs down towards the kitchen two at a time. Mario caught me as I slid into the kitchen.

"Sidney... Where are you heading so quickly this morning?" He chuckled as I glanced back at the door, and the stairs behind it.

"Uhhh... Just excited to go home, I guess." I grinned widely at my makeshift father as he let go of my shoulders allowing me to sit at the breakfast bar as Nathalie turned from the stove to face me.

"What's her name, Sidney?" She crossed her arms across her chest as I shrugged nonchalantly.

"I don't know who you're talking about..." I fibbed, trying disparately and, obviously, poorly to hide the lie from her. But Nat always seemed to know.

"The girl upstairs right now... What's her name?" Mario took a step towards me as Nathalie tried to coax Harley out of me.

"You brought a girl into my house?" Mario demanded. "Sid, you know the rules! My kids are here!"

"Yah, I know..." I sighed, how could I explain this to them. "Look, Nat, her name's Harley, and I bet you'll really like her... She funny, and sweet. And beautiful... But she kinda needs a place to crash. Mario, listen, her family's awful. They treat her like garbage! And nothing happened..." Even if I had wanted it to... "She's staying her until we can figure something out, maybe I'll finally find a place... Please, Mario? I really like this girl..." I stared down at my hands, not wanting to see or hear their reactions.

I lifted my eyes, ready to face my fate, and came face to face with Harley coming into the kitchen. My smile widened as I jumped off the chair and took two steps to her; hugging her quickly before placing my hand on her lower back and gently pushing her towards my boss and his wife.

"Nathalie... Mario... This is my girlfriend, Harley Scott." I grinned, pushing her a little bit deeper into the kitchen, allowing Nathalie to envelop her into a hug.

"It's truly a pleasure, Harley. Anyone who makes Sidney as happy as you have is good in my book." I chuckled, embarrassed, as I could hear Mario chuckle beside me.

"It's a pleasure meeting you, Harley." Mario atoned, holding his hand out for her to shake.

"You too, Mr. and Mrs. Lemieux." She smiled brightly, shaking Mario's hand as I pulled her back against my chest; both of the older people in the room protesting at the use of their formal titles. "I should really get going..." She laughed as I tightened my grip on her shoulders. "Or at least get a bag of clothes. Sid I can't stay in your sweats, and I don't think my dress from Marc-Andre's wedding is appropriate."

"Fine..." I muttered against the top of her head. "But I'm going with you."

"Do I have a choice?" She giggled, escaping my arms and taking off up the stairs.

"Hey! Har! Come on!" I whined about to follow after her as Mario laid a firm hand on my shoulder.

"Be careful, son. Don't buy a house because of a woman." I nodded smiling up at him.

"I know... but I've been here for four years now. I should be seriously looking for something new anyways." The grip on my shoulder loosened, becoming a clap on the back of it as I slowly left the room, meeting Harley as she trotted down the stairs. "Ready to go?" I grinned wrapping my arm around her shoulders, she nodded as I lead her towards the door.



We pulled up to the bubble gum pink house she called home; I cut the engine and climbed out, running around the car to open her door and together we walked up the front steps. The house was silent as we went straight up the stairs to her tiny room in the attic.

"Huh... It's nice when no one's here..." I mused, trapping her in my arms before falling, pulling her with me, onto her tiny single bed.

"Sid.. Come on, I'll just pack a bag and we can go..." She groaned as I gently kissed her directly under her jaw, I mumbled under my breath as I flipped us over so I was lying on top of her, moving my mouth onto her neck. "Sid..." She breathed into my ear, her fingers twirling around the hairs at the back of my neck.

"Yah?" I whispered, running my hand lightly across the taught skin of her stomach, underneath my t-shirt she was wearing. Damn did she look hot in my clothes. Grinning as she sighed softly, I trailed my hand up her side, to just under where her bra normally would be. I pulled away from her to catch her eyes. "Har... Are you... Is this..." I sighed, pulling my hand away from her side and pulling myself into a sitting position. "I don't want to pressure you or anything..." I could feel her smile against my shoulder as she placed a soft kiss into it.

"Thanks..." She whispered as she climbed off the bed and opened her closet. "Oh my god!" She exclaimed, turning back to me. "They... They..."

"What, Harley.. What did they do?!" I demanded holding the tops of her arms.

"They took all my stuff..." She whispered, collapsing into my chest sobbing.

"So, we'll go look for it." I sighed, kissing her hair gently.

"Sid... it was garbage day... it's all gone." I nodded in understanding as she pushed me away from her.

"So... this gives me an excuse to buy something for you." I grinned lightly, taking hold of her hand as she tried to escape. "C'mon, Harley... Let me do this... Please?" I bent my knees slightly to look into her eyes as I tried to give her the best puppy dog eyes I could muster.

"Fine..." She conceded as I whooped for joy and kissed her deeply. "One outfit, Sidney." I grinned kissing her nose before pulling her out of the room and down the hallway.



Three hours later and my entire trunk filled with shopping bags and I was dropping Harley off at Fiona Motors, apparently she needed to catch up on some paperwork or something... I smiled softly as she kissed my lips gently before scrambling out of the car and towards the shop. I grinned to myself as I pulled away, after she disappeared from sight, I was one lucky bastard.

I drove down the street, turning off into East Allegheny and into the driveway of the first house of the day.

Six hours and ten houses later I finally pulled into another house in East Allegheny. This was it. I grinned turning off my Jag and heading in the front door.

I walked out twenty minutes later with a flier in my hand and a smile on my face. I couldn't wait to show this to Harley! She'd love it! WHAT? Woah... Slow down buddy... We just started dating and I was moving her in. Of course I wanted her to move in... But were we ready? I sighed pulling up to Fiona Motors just as she was running towards the car.

"Hey!" She grinning, kissing me quickly before sitting back and putting on her seat belt. "What'd you do all day?"

"Ummm... Actually, I looked at houses all day." I glanced over at her briefly, before handing her my two favourite fliers. "Which one's your favourite?" I glanced over her again, seeing her jaw drop into her lap. "What?" I chuckled. "Don't worry about it now... We'll talk when we get home from Coal Harbour."



Three days and a five and a half hour flight later and Harley and I were standing at the baggage claim waiting for our bags. I slung my arm over her shoulders as she leaned over to grab her bag. I leaned over her and pulled the bag easily off the turn belt, and placing it on the cart before wrapping my arm around her again and heading towards the doors and my awaiting family.


~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry cop out ending... so tired... brain mush...

4 comments:

  1. You already know... YEAH YOU DO. You know EXACTLY what this chapter did to me. Now if you'll excuse me I need to Google image search Sid for the rest of the night now. Or no, I'll just stare at that little tiny animation all night hoping either (a) the guy moves or (b) the towel drops. HAHA. Loved it girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo good!! Really, really, enjoyed this one...

    Sidney is too cute!!

    Not gonna lie... Mario scared me a little bit when he was getting all: "You brought a girl into my house?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how Sid is trying to take care of her!! Can't wait to see how their trip to Cole Harbour goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wanna talk about placing an order... Can I have a Sidney? Please? He's too damn perfect, so sweet and caring. Ugh, please tell me why real men can't be like this?!

    Um, yeah, so I completely enjoyed this. A little too much, actually. Great job, Heather!

    ReplyDelete