Thursday, September 17, 2009

Chapter 18: Absolutely NOT...

Megan's POV

I was screwing around with the engine of a Prius when Harley got back. “Feel, better?” I asked, putting down the 3/16th I had been cranking on.

“Oh, yah... I also went down to the field for a bit, I think everything is going to be okay”

I gave her a sincere smile as I began to wipe off my hands, “that’s good to hear.”

A horrible pop song blared suddenly , and I turned in time to see Sofia and Farrah getting out of those dumb pink cars. Who paints a car pink? That's just inhumane...

“Harley!” they yelled as the came in; glaring at me in my greased up shirt; which I amplified, by wiping more grease on it.

“Yes...” Harley sighed.

“Were going to need you to finish our solar system models for science tonight... they're due, and you wouldn’t want us to get a bad grade...” they ordered. I took a step towards them, wondering which one to take down first; Harley put her arm out to stop me.

“That’s fine, I’ll be home at five” She said as she plastered a fake smile onto her face.

They turned to leave at the same time as a delivery man came around the corner. “I have a delivery for a ‘Harley Scott’...” He held out some white flowers in a vase; ugh... flowers, what a dumb concept… I’d much rather something useful, like a master cylinder for a ‘71 Charger… mmm…

Harley smiled and began to open the note; Farrah snatched it from her and started to read it in a horribly, mocking voice. “Please let me explain, It’s not funny, but it needs to be explained. Dinner?” Thing one and Thing two started to laugh hysterically before continuing.

“He even left his number... From Sid” My eyebrows went up; 'needs to be explained'... Jordan, knew it... I nodded to myself, truly happy for Harley. At the same time trying not to admit how upset I was.

“See the thing is Harley...” Sofia said slyly as Farrah grabbed the vase from Harley. “Sid gets to choose between us... Not some slave girl, who couldn’t look pretty even if they tried.” They turned and walked away with the flowers; tossing the note on the floor as they continued on their way, laughing.

I looked over to see a tear sliding down Harley's cheek. “Don’t listen to them for a second Harley, you're worth it.” I bent down to retrieve the note, putting it in her shaky hand.

“What?” She sighed, recognizing mischief on my face.

“Nothing, just that, I heard Marc-Andre Fleury, the Pen's goalie is engaged and getting married soon. The plan is for me to convince Jordan to bring me as his date to the wedding, then we’ll find you a new man....sound good!” I asked as she sighed again.

“Whatever.” Harley headed in to the back of the shop to change. I turned back around to the sound of the horrible music again; Sofia and Farrah were just about to leave.

"Hey wait!" I yelled, running out to them, "You guys have bird crap on your cars, and that‘s like… sooooo gross!" I quipped, doing my best impression of them.
They both jumped out of their god-awful-pink cars and sauntered to the front.

"I don't see any-" Sofia started; stopping to shriek as I blasted her with water from the high-power hose.

"Oh man..." I said trying to keep a straight face. I pretended to jig around with the handle, "darn! It won't turn off." The next burst of water nailed Farrah in the face, as she dropped the vase and jumped into her car.
They peeled out screaming, and I turned off the hose; putting it back on the hook before headed over to collect the flowers. The vase was broken, but I’m sure there’s something in the shop...

I found an empty tin can and put the flowers in it; filling it with water and hoping the left over grease wouldn't kill them. I walked into the back room and set the tin in Harley's locker; before heading home.


I walked through the door and let out a sigh, what a long, friggin day. I tossed my keys down on the little hallway table before I headed into the living room, plopping down on the couch.
I downed a bag of Doritos and watched the Steelers demolish the Patriots as I planned out my day for tomorrow.
I had the day of work and Jordan was coming over at some point. What to do? Well, obviously I knew what I wanted to do, mainly; dirty, twisted, raunchy things… but I tried to refrain from that mind set.

I wanted Jordan, and I wanted him bad but; my gut was yelling at me to keep it simple, friendly. That of course, was easier said then done. If it hadn’t been for random situations, interruptions and complications; I would have given in a million times over - but there in lied the problem.
Jordan Staal was not a boyfriend, guy. Jordan Staal was not a monogamous, guy. Jordan Staal wasn’t even a ’longer-than-one-night’, guy. If I slept with Jordan, it would be over.

I wasn’t dumb or conceited. I knew enough about guys like him to understand how they worked. I was a conquest - the one girl out of many who hadn’t let him get it yet - and with guys like him, once a conquest was over, they moved on.
The most frightening part was; I really, really didn’t want him to move on.

The blushing, the butterflies, the nausea - the giddiness I got every time he called. No, I wasn’t ready to let go of that just yet.
I wasn’t sure why, but it definitely had nothing to do with what Harley kept saying; I was in no way, shape, or form falling for Jordan Staal.
I think…



Make-up? Check. Matching bra and booty-shorts? Check. Hair? Check. I gave myself the one-over in the full length mirror as I waited nervously for Jordan. Hmm… too much? I wondered as I checked out my ensemble. My jet-black hair was loose and wavy; reaching half way down the 80’s ripped grunge shirt I was wearing, over some skinny jeans and 5 inch knee-highs, that pushed me up to 5’8”. I repositioned the shirts’ ripped-neck, until it was completely off my shoulder. That should do… I thought smugly; before a knock at the door drained the smile off my face.

I walked towards the door; trying to appear cool and collected. I took a deep breath as I pulled it open - allowing my first glimpse of Jordan, who was leaned against the doorframe, eyes wide. “Hey…” I said, turning slightly to give him an eye-full.

“Hey…” He smiled back, his eyes coming up to my face for the first time.

“So what did you have in mind for tonight?” I asked, slyly; moving away from the door so he could come in.

“Ugh… how about we stay here?” A mischievous grin spread over his face as his eyes traveled back down. Oh crap… too much skank Megan… now what?

The idea of being alone with Jordan, in my house; did not bode well with the whole ‘not screwing him’ thingy. At that moment, however, I couldn’t remember why I wasn’t suppose to… “Sounds good to me.” I grinned, giving the door a shove.

He was on me before the door clicked shut. His hands travelled around to the back of my thighs; he gave me a sharp squeeze as he started to lift me from the ground. I wrapped my legs around his waist, simultaneously twining my fingers through his hair; as he moved towards my bedroom.
He flopped onto my bed, crushing me underneath his body weight - his kiss deepening. I let out a soft sigh as any restraint I had crashed down around me. I pulled him against me tighter. “Oh God! That is really not what I needed to see!” I snapped my head away from Jordan and peered around him. Corey was standing in the doorway; hands over his eyes.

“Ugh! Knock much?” I shouted, pulling Jordan out from between my legs and onto the bed beside me.

“Well I didn’t think-” He started, opening his eyes again. “Shannon and I are going out… I was going to see if you wanted to come but… I guess not.” I let out a sigh as he started to laugh, “By the way… you’re my favourite defensive-forward in the game… go Pens!” He smirked as he closed the door behind him.

“He did not just say that…” I let out a groan, stupid brothers…

“I’m just glad he didn’t try to kick my ass… isn’t that what brothers are suppose to do?” Jordan quipped, pulling me on top of him.

“Well usually, but you’re so puny he knows I could kick your ass myself.” I stated matter-o-factly, trying to keep a straight face.

Jordan stared up at me bemused, “Oh, you think so, eh?”

“Yah, I do, eh…” I mocked his Canadian accent as he let out a growl and flipped me onto my back.

My brother’s presence hadn’t ruined the mood; but it had brought some of my will-power back. Not sleeping with Jordan... I reminded myself as he started nibbling down my neck. “Hey… wanna play a game?” I asked, as seductively as I could manage.

“Mmm and what’s that?” He asked with a husky voice. I grinned at him before I slide out from under him. I went to my ’sex’ drawer and pulled out a pair of hand-cuffs. His smile grew as I slipped his hands through the cuffs and in behind my headboard.
I undid his pants slowly as he watched me, before bent down and pulled him into my mouth.
This totally doesn’t count as sex… I thought to myself as I continued.


“Well I guess I should go then…” Jordan sighed from underneath me as we laid together on the couch. It was 4am and we both needed to be at work/rink for 7. I sighed and pushed myself up, allowing him to move. He looked at me, almost sadly before grabbing his coat off the couch and throwing it on.
We stood at the door for a long time; I didn’t want him to leave and it seemed like he wanted to go, even less. “Hey listen,” he said suddenly, “Marc-Andre’s getting married and I’m suppose to bring someone with me… you maybe… I don’t know… wanna… if you’re not busy?” I nodded like a bobble-head, causing him to grin. “Alright, cool… well… talk to you tomorrow.”

“Night…” I said softly as he brought his lips down to mine for the last time that night; tenderly...
I watched him leave around the side of Corey’s house, back to the road. I smiled to myself as I closed the door.
Did I actually talk to Jordan Staal all night? And cuddle with Jordan Staal? I shook my head as I walked into my room. I hated cuddling… what the hell is wrong with me?
I let out a sigh, maybe… no! No way. I am absolutely NOT falling for Jordan Staal, not a chance.

5 comments:

  1. Megan has it so bad for Jordan!!! Great update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha not falling for Jordan Staal my foot!

    I loved it Zigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Thing one and thing two..." Sooo funny! And so damn cute that she placed Harley's flowers in her locker...
    A perfect update :D

    ReplyDelete