Sunday, September 13, 2009

Chapter 16: Son of a...

My leg bounced nervously, sitting in the passenger seat of Marc's Range Rover as we pulled up to Fiona Motors.

"Excited much, Sid?" Marc chuckled as he glanced at my leg.

"Well, yah... I get to see my car..." I grinned over at him.

"And?" Vero asked from the back seat, leaning over the seat at me.

"And, Harley's here." My grin grew as he stopped a little ways up the driveway. "See ya later guys. Wish me luck."

"Good luck, Sid." Vero smiled as I jumped out of the SUV.

"Congrats, V." I laughed as I headed towards the shop.

"Oh! Mr. Crosby!" A voice called back to me. "Mr. Crosby!!" I turned to find an overly plastic woman trying to run towards me in four-inch heels. "Mr. Crosby," She huffed stopping right in front of me. "I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Fiona Scott." She tried to smile at me as she extended her hand in a week attempt to shake mine. Ugh. I hated week hand shakes.

"Mrs. Scott. It's a pleasure meeting you." I smiled genuinely.

"Yes." She looked behind me as I heard a high pitched squealing sound. "Oh Mr. Crosby, please let me introduce my beautiful daughters Farrah and Sofia." I turned to find two girls about seventeen giggling hysterically at me.

"Nice to meet you, ladies." I nodded at them. "Please, call me Sidney."

"Of course, Sidney." They giggled.

"Excuse me, ladies." I nodded. "I need to get my baby back." I threw them my million watt smile as I continued towards the shop. My smile dropped as Harley dashed out of the shop.

"Uhh... Bad timing?" I looked over at Megan confused.

"She'll be back soon." She half snapped at me. Wow... What crawled up her ass? My smile returned as I saw Harley came back into the room.

"Hi Sidney..." She cooly spat at me. My smile dropped. Did I have some strange communicable disease that I didn't know about? She handed me my keys and I sighed gently. Maybe I'd have to be the one to break the ice.

"It's all there," I grinned as she stared at the cheque I had just handed to her. Her eyes rose to mine in an icy glare. What did I do? How did I mess this up in less then 24 hours???

"Drive safe," she spat at me before turning on her heels and almost running back to the safety of the office. I turned to look at Megan, lost and confused. She wasn't looking to happy either. WHAT THE HELL??? Fine, I knew when I wasn't wanted. I pulled the car door open, and that's when I saw it. Hot pink... Lacy...

shit.

I looked up sheepishly to Megan, I'm sure she thought I was responsible for this. But I wasn't. Damnit! I needed to figure this out and then come back and explain. I slid into my car and sped off, trying to figure out this mystery.

Only two people could be responsible for this. The only two people other than me who drove my car. Lauren, and if it was her, I was going to kill that little punk she was seeing. More likely, Jordan.

"Oh, Sid my car's in the shop. Just one night."

I was going to kill him! He used my baby like a bed! And left being those???

Seething I drove straight to his place. I pounded on the door until he finally answered.

"You fucking ass!" I seethed as he opened the door. "Because of you I just lost the best chance I had with Harley!"

"Woah, killer." He joked as I pushed my way past him into the house, the underware trapped in my clenched fist. "What are you talking about Sid?" I threw them at him and he grinned as he slowly picked them up. "Ahh... Layla." He grinned, obviously letting his mind wonder.

"Jordan," I pulled his attention back to me. "Don't ever ask to use the car again, ok? I told you not to have sex in my back seat!"

"I didn't..." His grin grew. Oh god... I didn't want to know.

"Well, I have to see if I can fix what you just broke." I sighed and headed back out of his door. Now what?

Flowers! Women love flowers.

I drove to the nearest flower shop and purchased the biggest bouquet of the prettiest flowers I could find. Not roses, I thought roses would be too much. Next batch, if these didn't work. I took the tiny card and wrote a quick note.

Please let me explain. It's not funny, but it needs to be explained.
Dinner?
821-445-2971


There that should do it. She'll know who they're from, right? I sighed as I added a quick -Sid at the bottom of the note and slid it into the tiny envelope. The girl behind the counter grinned at me as I paid for the bouquet and gave her the address to deliver it.

"Fight with your girlfriend?" She giggled as I pulled my hat lower.

"Something like that..." I sighed, leaving the store. All I wanted to do now was go home and crawl into bed. Maybe disappear.

This better work.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, he bought her flowers! I wonder if she is going to believe him or not! Great update! Can't wait to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha. Love that he's gotta work for it. Great chapter, Heather. I love reading about these two and you do such a good job with Sid's POV.

    ReplyDelete