Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Chapter 14: Bromance Booty Call

“My little sister; the puck bunny, who knew?” I let out a groan at the sound of Corey’s voice as I rolled over, almost falling off the couch.

“What the…” I trailed off, sitting up and glancing around my surroundings. Realizing that I was sleeping in my ‘club clothing’, stretched out on my own couch; I allowed my mind to wander over last night. The first thing that came back to my mind was Jordan, and how great he looked; the second thing was Taylor, and how awful that situation had been.
I dropped my head into my hands and groaned again. Corey laughed, assuming I was suffering from a hang-over; as opposed to a broken-heart.
Woah, wait… broken-heart? I snapped my head back up, trying to shake the thought. That’s a bit dramatic… let’s say, hurt pride…

He had definitely hurt my pride, that wasn’t even a question. It’s not like I didn’t think Jordan Staal was out having sex with a new woman every night; it was meeting Taylor and having my expectations totally changed that hurt.
I had always been selfish enough to believe that I was different; that all the other girls Jordan pursued were blond, tan, bimbos that were interchangeable - then I met Taylor. What could I say, really? She was nice, funny; definitely not a faceless bimbo. Somehow that made it worse; I was nothing special, not to him anyway.
It didn’t matter now anyway, I had left him at the bar and would probably never hear from him again…
Why did Corey just call me a puck bunny then…?


“I never slept with Jordan…” I started looking up at him, how does he know about Jordan Staal?

“Umm, Jordan? Jordan who?” Corey cocked his head to the side and watched me, thoroughly perplexed.

“You just called me a puck bunny… aren’t you talking about Jordan Staal?”

“Woah, you’re sleeping with Jordan Staal too?” He took a step back, looking mildly impressed.

“First off, no. Second off, who were you talking about?” He shook his head at me and sighed before turning to point into my bedroom. I shrugged my shoulders still not fully understanding.

“God Megan!” Corey sighed, exasperated now. “I’m 99% sure that’s Kris Versteeg in your bed.”

“Who- oh… oh no! Like… Versteeg the Hawk?!” I jumped up, ignoring the throbbing in my head and headed into my bedroom; Corey hot on my heels.

I stood at the end of my bed, staring down at the giant hockey-player that was stretched out across it. Well, shit. Who’s living the dream now? I thought as I shook my head. “Well… how are we gonna get him out of here?” I asked, hands on my hips.

“I’m sorry… ‘we’? Oh no, no… this is all you.” Corey gave me a pat on the back then headed towards the door, laughing to himself on the way out. I stood there a while longer, unsure of what to do.

“Hey… hey!” I nudged his leg with my big toe, gently shaking him. “Hey… Versteeg… come on buddy! Time to get up!” I nudged him harder, earning nothing more than a grunt and a weak attempted-swat. “Ugh! Ok… I quit!” I turned around and headed out of my room towards the shower, taking great care to lock the door behind me.

I was pulling off my shirt when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I tugged it out of my pocket and flipped it open, not bothering to check the ID.

“Hey… Megan…” Oh. My. God.

Okay, okay; whatever you do… act like you don’t care about Taylor… “Oh, hey Jordan… what’s up?”

“Nothing. You?” He said slowly, like he wasn’t actually sure why he had called.

“Umm, just hoping in the shower…”

“Oh cool well, I guess I’ll talk to you later then-”

“Wait! You don’t happen to know any of the numbers for the Blackhawks… do you?”

“Why?” The coolness of his remark caught me off guard.

“Well see…” I let out a sigh, it’s not like he didn’t see me leave with the guy anyway. “The guy I brought back to my place last night… it’s Kris Versteeg and, he’s out cold so… I need someone to come get him.”

“Wear him out last night?” I heard Jordan spat.

“What is your problem? I didn’t do anything wrong, Jordan.” I spat, feeling my anger boiling up inside me. “And for your information, no! I didn’t sleep with him last night; not that it would be any of your business if I did!” I finished in a huff, suddenly feeling foolish for yelling while half-naked - alone -in my bathroom.

“Oh. Well. I-. Shit, I’ll be right there.” He hung up the phone before I could say anything else. What the hell just happened?

I glanced over and caught sight of my reflection in the mirror, holy crap batman! I ripped off my jeans and jumped in the shower; not bothering to check the temperature of the water - it was ice cold.


I pulled myself together in record time; throwing on an old pair of black tights and an extra long The Clash shirt before heading to the door.
I pulled open the door just in time to see Jordan walking around the side of Corey and Shannon’s house; not alone.

“Thanks a lot for doing this…” I started as Jordan walked past me into the house.

“No problem, this is Duncan Keith, by the way.” He smiled back at me, catching my questioning glance. “They have this bromance thing going on… don’t ask…”

I laughed as Keith shrugged, following Jordan into my bedroom. Duncan grabbed Versteeg and dragged him out of the room; luckily, for everyone involved, he was still dressed.

I went into my room and started stripping the bed, while I waited for Jordan to come back in.
I folded the sheets under my arms and carried them to the hamper. I dropped them in and grabbed some fresh sheets from the hall; sloppily throwing them on my bed before heading into the living-room.
Jordan was sitting on the couch, examining the pillow and blanket I’d used the night before. “So you actually didn‘t…”

“What?" I asked, unsure of his comment. "I actually didn’t… what?”

“Sleep with him.” He grunted, looking up at me; an unfamiliar emotion crossing his face.

I flopped down on the couch next to him, “yah well, I’m just full of surprises like that.” He chuckled quietly and dropped his arm on the back of the couch, around my shoulders. We sat in a comfortable silence. I tried to remind myself that I was angry at him, pissed at him; but every time I peeked over and saw that jaw-bone, those blue eyes or that ‘fuck me now’ body - I had a hard time remembering why.

“Megan…” He said softly, I could feel his warm breath, tracing across my neck. I turned towards him as his lips found mine.
The kiss intensified; my hands grabbing the back of his head as he pulled me on top of him. I ran my fingers up through his hair; not giving a shit about anything but the body underneath mine.
Not the fact that he was a hockey-player, not the fact that he would never be satisfied with just me, not the fact that I had to work. Work… Work! SHIT!

“Shit!” I screamed pushing myself off Jordan and running towards my room.

“What?!” He shot back, obviously confused by my actions.

“Monday, it’s Monday! I’m suppose to be at work…dammit!” I glanced around my room, unable to fine my uniform. I gave up, grabbing a pair of jeans off my floor and shimming out of my tights; forgetting about my audience.
I hurriedly threw on a pair of work boots and dashed for the door. “Sorry, Jordan…” I took on last look at his ripped torso through his tight blue shirt, “God… I’m so sorry…” I shook the image of his body out of my head as I ran past the pool. “Call me later ok?”

“Wanna hang out Tuesday?” He called after me.

I nodded exuberantly as I rounded the corner and ripped the tarp off my baby; my ’64 GTO. I hated, hated taking it out on the city roads but; Corey had abandoned me so I had no choice.



I was relieved when I got in and Fiona wasn’t there, the last thing I needed was to get fired.
Shortly after I started working on a sick Ferrari; Harley pulled into the shop. She climbed out of her ‘stang and started laughing at me - apparently lovin my outfit.
She headed into the back to change; shortly after reappearing, smiling slightly.

“What’s up Mrs. Crosby?” I laughed at her as she headed towards the hubbies car.

“Not too much, Long day though...and I have to get home and do the twins homework tonight”

“Dude, that totally sucks.. I’m sorry..” I sighed, shaking my head at the amount of crap that she always had to deal with.

“Yeah, Whatever...story of my life” She shifted through the back of Crosby’s car as I thought over my morning in my head; wondering what she was going to say about it. I was about to retell my tale when she popped back out, holding a skimpy pair of pink panties in her hands. She glanced over at me, looking terrified and disappointed.

“It comes with the territory, Harley...” I smiled at her weakly; even though there wasn’t anything going on between them, seeing her this upset made me wanna punch someone out. She started to pale and I dashed around the car towards her. “Harley?...Harley?”

“He was...was...he was different...” She whispered softly.

I pulled her close and started rubbing her back. “Harley... I know you’re upset…but he’s not a monk... you’d of had to expect at least something like this... I know I do with Jordan.” Not that that helps you a whole lot…

“I know...It’s not so much the fact that he has dated other girls...it’s just..” She trailed off, looking around for an answer.

“What?...what is it, Harley? You know you can tell me anything”

“It’s just...seeing this underwear...sort of made me realize he wasn’t a virgin... And I know it’s stupid for me to even think he wasn’t and I knew that...but the thing is.. I’m a virgin and this freaks me out...how am I supposed to tell him?”

“Woah...calm down, how do you know he wants to have sex with you?” If superstar even thought about trying to get with Harley that fast, he was gonna have to answer to me…

“I don’t... But if he ever did I would have to tell him...and I’m sure it’s the biggest turn off...” I sighed, trying to find something to say; coming up empty handed. “plus this whole underwear in the back seat thing is really bugging me... It’s like he treats girls like trash and just dumps them after... I’m not going to be apart of that”

“As much as I love that you’re letting your feelings out, you should probably get a grip...Sid’s walking towards us right now” I said, catching a glimpse of him behind Harley.

“Oh, god... I’ll be in the back... I’ll be out in a minute” She threw the thong back down in the seat and dashed off.

“Ugh, bad timing?” He asked walking towards me.

“She’ll be right back…” I let out another sigh and headed back to the Ferrari, I knew it was wrong of me to start disliking Sidney because of his random sex with women but; it was hard not to. Harley was the last person on earth that deserved to be hurt, and that’s what he’d done; no matter how unintentional it was.
I watched him as he sauntered around the car, looking extremely… nervous? I shrugged my shoulders and bent back down under the hood.

It was actually surprising that Sidney was like that. I obviously hadn’t spent a lot of time with him but, Jordan always said he just wasn’t that type of guy.
Hell, I wouldn’t even be surprised if that thong was back there because of some girl Jordan tapped back there… that seems more reasonable that this kid getting a piece... I looked up in time to see Harley emerging from the back; this could get heated...

3 comments:

  1. Bahaha. Bromance.

    Fantastic, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh, update more soon. I need to know what happens with Harley and Sidney. It's totally not even his underwear. It's gotta be Max's. hahaha. kidding. possibly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ Max's underwear! Honestly people think I'm insane I was laughing so loud!

    ReplyDelete