Saturday, August 29, 2009

Chapter 9: Enlisted Chaos

Harley punched out and practically ran from the body shop at full speed towards her car.
“Don’t forget about tonight!” Megan screamed from inside the shop as she ran.
“I know! Hence me racing home to get the chores done!” Harley said loudly still Usane Bolt’ing it to her car. Megan laughed and disappeared back into the shop as Harley sped off towards her house.

She pulled into the house and dashed in the direction of the kitchen where her list was usually placed. She halted to a stop holding onto the counter top trying to catch her breath. She picked up the two page chore list and scoffed at her ‘tip’ of twenty cents that fiona had obliviously left behind thinking she could benefit from it.
Harley flipped through the list quickly as she made her way up to her room in the attic. She tossed it on the bed and went to her closet to get her cleaning cloths. As she pulled on her t-shirt on her phone went off and she grabbed for it on the desk.

“Hello?” Harley said and she was met by a voice that could always cheer her up.
“Hey baby cousin, how are we doing today?” Aubrey’s angel voice rung out through the phone emitting a large smile onto Harley’s face.
“Oh, you know the usual. Just getting ready to make Fiona’s world spick and span!” Harley cheered sarcastically to Aubrey who was probably rolling her eyes at the thought.
“That’s what I thought...anyways I was just calling to check that you were still on for maybe saying ‘hi’ quickly after the game like we planned?” she asked as Harley remembered having her cousin tell her she would be in town for the Chicago, Pittsburgh game to do some reporting for the Chicago paper she works for.

“Yep! That sounds perfect...god, I can’t wait to see you..i miss you some times you know” Harley laughed through the phone letting a little sadness show through.
“I miss you too Kiddo, but you know I’m always just a phone call away, right?” Aubrey asked in her sweet motherly tone that I had grown so accustomed to growing up.
“Right!” I said giving into her sunny disposition. “But listen, I gotta go...i’ve got some stuff to take care of before the game but I’ll talk to you later...i’ll call you after game.” they finished up their phone call and said they goodbyes letting Harley dash down the stairs to get started.

After finishing each flour, and their needs...Harley was finally on her final thing on her to-do list for the day. As she wiped dow the dinning room table she heard the doorbell ring. She quickly threw the cleaning tools under the kitchen sink and went to answer the door.
“HELLO CINDERELLA!” Megan said enthusiastically to me. I gave her my usual face when she called me cinderella and she quickly apologized for it. I hated when she called me cinderella...simply because I knew no prince would come and save me.
“So where’s the step-monster and her little minions?” Megan asked starring at the now crippled list in my hands.
“oh, their out for the night...god knows where..but their out, thats all that matters” I said leading Megan to the attic. That was the one thing about megan. She never judged me for what I had.

“So that means we’re going the game without hatching some sort mastermind plan?” Megan said displaying a pouty face. She loved those stupid plans we came up with..she said they kept her young..whatever that means.
“No, we don’t need a plan” I laughed. “But I do need help with an outfit...so...” I said moving my hands indicating she could just go for it. After about five minutes she decided on me wearing spandex-esk black leggings, a black pens shirt with Letang on the back, a grey zippy, hoodie and a pair on my only and most favorite ankle black converse.

I quickly applied some black eyeliner and mascara and we made our way out of the house to my car. We drove freely to Mellon, music blasting as we pulled in getting many enthusiastic cheers from fans who had opted to walk to the game.
After we parked we made out way to the will call office to pick up the tickets Jordan had left for Megan, meaning---against all his might---me as well. But who was I to make Jordan’s life any more easy?

We found our seats and got settled in with a beer and hot-dog each. We talked animatedly, much to the dismay of our seat neighbors. The game went as well as any partition could have asked for. Plenty of fights, lots of hits and then over time and a shootout.

Pat Kane was up and the whole arena shook with boos and chants. He sped up the ice and scored. They could win this if we got the next goal. The crowd erupted, into a monstrous wave of excitement as they saw the possible game winner come smoothly to center ice. In my opinion he looked even more beautiful when he was playing hockey. His messy curls were now drenched in sweat and flipped out under his helmet.

His face expression was a whole lot different from when she had seen him last. Instead of being relaxed and calm...it was tense, and determined. He took off down the ice and before I could even blink my eyes the whole building was riding the excitement of winning together. Beer was flying and people were jumping up and down. All because of one shot by one person....him.

After the teams had left the ice and then people were cleared out from the seats...Megan and I sat waiting for Aubrey to pick up her phone
“Hey, are you ready to meet up?” I asked hearing noise in the background of the call.
“Yah sure...meet us outside the locker room hallway...do you know where that is?” she asked still clearly in the middle of the report.

“No, but I’m sure megan does...we’ll see you soon” I hung up the phone and told Megan the location. She smiled and lead us in the direction. When we got there Aubrey was waiting against the wall talking to her friend, whom I was guessing was Taylor.
I ran up to her and she engulfed me into her famous bear hugs. She was always the hugging type. We all introduced ourselves and began talking about the past seven months that we had been apart from each other.

At some point Megan excused herself to go to the bathroom. Aubrey and Taylor bought her excuse but I clearly knew better. Around twenty minutes later, Megan returned with a huge smile on her face only furthermore making my assumption correct.
“Hey Meg, we were planning on going out for a bit...want to come with?” I asked still trying to figure what Jordan could have done to have made her so happy.

“Sure! Let’s go to diesel!” she said over-enthusiastically. We all agreed and made our way out to the cars. After about fifteen minutes we were all passing through the bouncers and finding a table up in vip...Megan had connections.
“this was Jordan’s idea wasn’t it?” I whispered to her as we were sitting down at our table. She simply smile and I now knew why she had been so damn happy.

Conversation with Aubrey and Taylor was smooth and natural...I thought we would have a hard time getting to know Taylor but both Megan and I thought she was great.
I took drink orders and made my way over to the bar about fifteen minutes later. “What can I get you gorgeous” Leo asked from across the counter.

“Hey Leo, can I get margarita, a Vodka martini, a rum and coke...and just a beer for me please?” he nodded and got to work on my order.
“So...you fix cars and you drink beer...you’re like the perfect girl!” I heard a man say to me I turned to see who it was, and when I did a hot flush took over my face.
“Hey Sid” I said a little to shyly. He smiled and put down money on the counter. “Cover those for me please” he said to Leo who was placing the drinks down in front of me.
“You didn’t have to do that” I said as he eyed me up and down discretely. “It was the least I could do...after all you are fixing my car” he said smiling.

“Well then the least I can do is let you sit I my table” I retorted taking his bate almost shocking myself with my response....i was definitely not known for flirting...ever.
He picked up two of the drinks and put his hand on the small of my back leading me back to our VIP table. We got there and saw that Taylor and Megan were right in the middle of something with Jordan. My first inclination from looking at a scene like that would be that some sort of threesome would be going down later tonight...but the look of vengeance in Megan’s eyes told me otherwise.

“They seem pretty busy...do you by any chance want to get a table with me?” Sidney asked taking the drinks from me and putting them down on the table that Megan and Taylor were now monopolizing. I nodded and he led me over to smaller, cozier table.
We talked about random, comfortable things for about ten minutes until my attention was pulled from him onto Megan who was now leaving with a guy...who was clearly not Jordan. She met my stare and I quickly looked back at Sid, blushing profusely. He smiled at me and I returned it knowing I would here about this from Megan later.
The conversation continued off and on for the next hour, he was a very curious person and kept asking me questions about my life...and even though I wasn’t shying away from telling him...we just kept getting interrupted over things with his friends and fans.

After another attempt of me trying to tell him a bit about my story I went to drink my drink but it was empty he chuckled slightly at my annoyed face and smiled the warmest smile I had ever seen and got up to go get us more drinks and I watched as he left.. Oh, lord...how could one have such an amazing butt...i thought. He smiled to me from the counter and I smiled back feeling the heat rise in my face.

However, in the peripheral of my eye I saw something I wished I hadn’t...and really wasn’t expecting. There dancing with guys who could easily thirty years old to their seventeen was Farrah and Sofia...the step-monsters offspring.
Great. I thought as I saw them beginning to grind into their pick-ups for the night. “What’s up?” Sid asked sitting back down and passing me another beer. I quickly re-averted my view onto Sid and shrugged my Shoulders. “Oh, nothing...just thought I saw some people I knew...turns out I was wrong”

4 comments:

  1. Excellent chapter Maria! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it =D

    haha I feel so bad for Sid and Harley... stupid people interrupting lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan and Taylor meeting, oh! Jordan is in deep trouble... And I'm happy that Sid and Haley get along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "They seem pretty busy..." I about DIED. Wonderful line. Great chapter, Maria!

    ReplyDelete