Friday, August 28, 2009

Chapter 8: Keep Your Head in the Game

I nodded my thanks to Jordan as we pulled to a stop at the arena. I needed this skate more than anything now. I pulled my bag from the backseat and headed into the building.

After quickly changing and lacing my skates, I walked out to the ice. Ahh... This is it... The ice, the freedom of just gliding, almost like flying. My mind wandered, as I skated some laps, to that girl at the dealership.I couldn't get her out of my head. Her long brown hair that I just wanted to take out of the braids, and run my fingers through it. Her deep brown eyes. So soft and so intense all at the same time. But they held a sadness in them. I wanted to be the guy that took that sadness away.

Woah, buddy! Calm down! You don't even know this girl... For all you know the sadness is the fact that she had a fight with her boyfriend.

I sighed as I looked up and saw people filling into the arena for public skate. I quickly skated off the ice, not wanting to deal with fans right now. I got stopped here and there for autographs on t-shirts and jerseys. And I obliged with a put on smile and headed to the locker room. After a quick shower and change I checked my phone. Three pm... Just enough time to get home... Oh crap. How was I going to get home?

As I was pondering my way home my phone beeped with a message. Max, finally!

u called?

yah... cars in the shop. Can you pick me up from the igloo?

yup. ten minutes.

Sweet... Good old Talbot. Ten minutes and twenty autographs and pictures later he pulled up in his beemer.

"Dude, you're a life saver."

"I know I'm sweet, Crosby." He winked as I rolled my eyes. "That's why you love me."

"Sure, Talbo... Whatever you want." I sat back as he started to rant about the day and the going ons of last night. How hot the chick was, where they met, why she'd never last.As he rambled my mind went back to Fiona Motors. I wonder what she was doing... How could I go back and not seem completely obvious?

I didn't even realize that we had pulled into my driveway until Max was snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Snap out of it kid!" He grinned as I looked over at him. "What's her name?"

"That's the problem, Max. I have no idea..." He laughed as I got out of the car and ran up the steps.

"Kid! Need a ride to practice tomorrow?"

"Sure! I'll meet you at the Starbucks down the street. I'll pick up coffees." He nodded before peeling out of the driveway and down the street. I stepped into the house and instantly had Alexa and Austin wrapped around my legs. "Ugh.. Come on guys. You're way to big for this now."
"Please, Sid?" Alexa pleaded with me, staring up with her big brown eyes."Ok, but just to the stairs." I walked slowly with them on my legs to the base of the stairs.

"Sidney, you're home early." Nathalie came down dressed up for her evening. "Do you mind babysitting a little earlier than planned?"

"No problem, Nat. We'll order pizza and watch some movies. It'll be fun." The younger two cheered as I mentioned the pizza, Nathalie laughed.

"Thank you." She smiled before retreating upstairs to get Mario. They left about twenty minutes later, calling their goodbyes and love to the kids before the five of us raced downstairs, the first one down picks the first movie. Ugh... Austin won... Looks like Madagascar... Again.

5 comments:

  1. haha who would have thought... Crosby sitting at home watching Madagascar; for some reason that image is too cute.

    Great update =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, what gets me is the image of Sidney trying to walk around with the kids on his legs. I'm grinning like the Cheshire cat over here!

    Wonderful update, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 madagascar

    hehe so cute, sid with a kid on each of his legs =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW Sid the babysitter is so cute.

    ReplyDelete