Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chapter 3: A Little Fun

''Hey superstar, it's time to get up,'' I flipped up my phone and clicked the off button - smiling as I remembered the day when I had some random chick record my greeting for me. 8:00am. Follow the daily routine and you'll be right on time. Swiftly moving to the bathroom to take a cold shower - morning glory, must of been a very good dream.


''Shit!'' I exclaimed as I burnt myself while frying bacon, sometimes I wish I had someone here to do this for me. I finished up eating what I had managed to salvage from the burnt mess I had created and looked at my cell phone. I had someone in mind but I knew she wouldn't be the first person to break the silence - so to speak. Megan. What can I say? She fascinates me, the only girl who doesn't fawn all over me when I enter a room and come to think of it - the only girl I've ever had to make the first move with. I always text or call her - never the other way round. I could use a little fun.


We getting together tonight.


I'm confident I already know her answer. I really could use someone to loosen me up a bit - I've been so tense lately.


Can't, busy.


You have got to be kidding me. Stay calm, it's not the first time she's knocked you back and it won't be the last. Besides your Jordan Staal, superstar hockey player and all round sex god. I pressed the down arrow on my contacts list. Stopping at Taylor. Ahh, damn! If only she was in Pitt, she was no substitute but I could use a little bit of sweetness right now. She's coming into town on Friday especially for me, I'm sure I can wait that long. I think. For now I scrolled back up my contacts list stopping on a random name. Sara, she'll do for tonight unless Megan changes her mind which is a possibility knowing how her mood changes like the wind.


I sat starring at my phone and as if by magic it started ringing - I've always wanted to use that phrase but the one time I did the guys told me it was poofy. Well at least nobody can hear me. I checked out the caller id: Sid. Guess, I should answer it.


''S'happenin dude,'' Wondering what he wanted this early on an off day.


''Staalsy man, can you meet me at that garage we always use? My car's been a bit dodgy so I'm on my way over to get it checked out, get me there.'' He responded.


''Sure,'' I flipped my phone shut knowing that Sid liked to keep his calls short and sweet - most of the time that was how I like my women.


I got in the black escalade I had bought just a few weeks earlier. I had been driving a white Range Rover for the past 2 years and somehow it just felt like Iwas driving a massive box on wheels so I decided it was time for a change. I pulled in at the garage and parked besides Sid's jaguar. God, I hate those cars. I walked over to where Sid was standing with a girl who judging by the overalls she was wearing was a mechanic. I didn't know much about Megan but I did know that she worked here. I wonder if I see her, maybe I can get her to come see me tonight. I smiled at the girl but she gave me a look of disgust in return. I guess someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

3 comments:

  1. I was waiting for you to post this all day Becky!!

    Sorry about the change on the ending... really well done =D

    ReplyDelete