Saturday, August 22, 2009

Chapter 5: Just One Good Day....?

"it's making noises, i think its the shocks?" he told me as i listened intently. i wish i could see his face better, but he had pulled his cap down low over his face. his beauty almost made up for the fact that he knew absolutely nothing about cars, and they’re functions. "can you pop the hood for me?" i asked, he nodded, and did as he was told.

I took a good look through it. checking all the different parts even though i had a pretty good idea of what the problem was already. the noises were a result of a cracked radiator. which had been my initial inclination. "your lucky..." i said coming up from under the hood. "the shocks are fine, but the radiator...not so much. hence the noises."

i looked up at him and could tell his pride was a little hurt, and i couldn't help but feel bad for the beautiful guy. "shocks and radiators make the same noise when there is something wrong with them, so you had the right guess"...what can i say, it was obviously a lie, but it clearly made him feel a little better, i hoped anyway. but it must have helped a little by the look of his confident nod of approval.

"if you got a second, i can figure out the damage, and I'm going to need to keep her about four days, come with me" He nodded silently as i walked him to the little desk inside the door of the garage. "license number?" i asked pulling a pen from my pocket. "uhh...FN94488" i scribbled it down quickly, "and your first name and number, please".

"I'm sidney and my cell number is 551-6997" i wrote down the digits in my quick, messy hand writing, wishing the digits could be mine to use. "okay, thats going to be 850, and you can pay when you pick her up" i said as a black escalade cruised in close to us, and honked.

I had the unfortunate pleasure of being able to be close enough to the car to recognize the driver inside; Jordan. “Here” i said a little too harshly to Sidney, passing him a three page booklet to fill out about the car and insurance. I walked briskly over to the car to be met with a smirk.

“Stay.Away.From.Her” I said putting emphasis on each word. His smirk curved even more in the corner, now in a mocking form towards me. “Hi Harley, why so mean, baby? Wake up without me” he said settling into his leather front seat. I usually was a well tempered person...but in this case i was barely hanging on. “Oh, you wish Staal...don’t try and think for a minute i don’t know what you’re doing. she’s busy with her life right now, okay?...maybe you should try and fix up yours when you have the chance out of your ‘Busy’ schedule.” i said almost spitting the words, making Jordan for some reason wanting to return my words with a cocky grin.

“Whatever do you mean, babe?” he said really starting to get on my last nerve. truth be told i really didn’t have the time for this and i knew the only way of getting out of this was taking the more direct, abrupt route.

"listen jordan, and listen good. I, in no way have any idea know what megan sees in you, and I'm not in any position to judge the situation even though i can see through you, and know just the womanizer that you are. she is my best friend so i'll stop at that. but just know that her feelings matter. no matter how strong she may come off." i wiped my hands on the rag and walked away from his extremely shocked face, completely satisfied with what i had just said.

I made it back to the little desk on time for Sidney to hand me over the completed papers. “So, I’ll call incase of anything, or if i need to keep her longer” i said flipping through the papers quickly just to check for the right signatures. “Thanks so much for this, I really -----”

“SID, HURRY THE HELL UP, BRO!” Jordan yelled from the car, still modeling a hurt, and confused expression, interrupting Sidney and I's Conversation.

Sidney looked from me to over his shoulder at the car "I'm comin' man!" he called over to Jordan. I Made up his receipt and tore it from the pad. "make sure to have this when you come back" i said, almost sad he was leaving. "okay, thanks" he said taking the paper from me and nodding as he turned to leave. letting me get the perfect view of his amazing butt.

i hadn’t realized i'd been starring or smiling until i heard the car door shut, and then sped off. after it had been about a minute, i came back down to earth and grabbed his car keys from the counter. i walked lazily to the car and opened the door, sliding in.

the seat was still slightly warm, making me think of his lovely rear again. i shook my head of the thoughts with a smile, and rode the jag into the garage slowly, careful not too over heat it.

as i got out and turned around, i was immediately met by a smirking face i knew all too well. "what?" i asked as innocently as possible.
"oh, you what what! and you judge me about going after a hockey player!!!" Megan practically yelled from her spot in front of me, leaving me completely confused.
"what are you talking about?" with my question, i was met with an amused face. "that guy you were just drooling over? yeah, that was 'hockey phenom' Sidney Crosby!" she said with drama in her voice. damn it, i knew he looked familiar.

i turned bright red as my flush crossed over my face. the only thing i could say was a measly 'oh'. megan laughed at my lack of defense to the subject, mocking my shock and embarrassment. "see! now you know what i deal with...EVERYDAY! "she said exasperatedly. i let out a long breath. "well it doesn't matter anyways. look at me!" i said gesturing to myself.

"no guy has ever gone for this...so why should Sidney be any different?" Meagan looked over me, then confusion washed over her face. "you mean to say you're...you're a...virgin?" she whispered the has part, almost as if it was a sin.

my blush depend even more at her accusation, "yeah..." i said focussing on my shoes now. why was everyday so crappy? All i want is just one day! thats all i want.

Just one good day.

4 comments:

  1. haha I loved the interaction between Harely and Jordan! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome update! i love this story! can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it Maria!! Great update =D

    ReplyDelete