Saturday, December 19, 2009

Chapter 52: A Promise.

Sorry, this is short. I've been a little ill this week and lacking in creativity. I hope you like it though.




''Guys I need to go. Somethings wrong with Megan, she's not herself,'' All eyes were on me after I hung up the phone. As soon I started telling them they each let out a heavy sigh which made me think they knew that at some point this situation would arise.


''Man, you are so whipped.'' Army shouted.


''It's fucking crazy dude,'' Sid chimed in.


''You of all people!'' TK just had to have his say as well.


''Guys you aren't hearing me right now. There's something very wrong with her. I'm going over there. Don't expect me back anytime soon.'' I watched their faces drop the smiles and their mouths form into O's.


I picked up my jacket from the couch over by the fire and put on the Timberland boots I had invested in before we came and added a scarf and essential extras for braving the biting cold. Making my way down the drive proved a little more difficult than I had imagined - the fresh snow breaking easily under foot with my feet sinking in. I used my long strides to my advantage and reached the girls house in under 5 minutes.


As I ran up the steps I could feel the butterflies in my stomach doing a merry little dance. Still the thoughts of pregnancy loomed in my head, should she of been drinking? How the fuck do I broach the subject? Do I just go right out and say it?


I reached the porch, stopping a little wondering whether to ring the bell. Fuck it. I grabbed the door handle, turning it and flinging the door wide open. I turned to look into the living room, where I saw her wrapped in a duvet. Only her head poking out from the top, it made me smile. Just knowing she was okay, relieved a little of my anxiousness.


I quietly closed the door, mulling over my options. I decided the best way to be slow and steady, comfort her and listen to what she has to say.


''Baby, are you okay?'' I said as I made my way over to her small form. I knelt down beside her looking straight at her, looking for signs of physical damage.


''I don't feel like myself, Jordy. I've put on weight and I constantly need to pee.'' Her face broke into a small smile as she said the last part.


I stood up and walked over to the couch, sitting down in the corner and patting the area beside me I motioned for her to come join me. Everything she just said confirmed what I already thought. She has to be pregnant. I'm a guy and even I can see that all the signs are there. How can she be so blind. I chuckled a little.


''How can you laugh? It's not -'' I halted her midway through her sentence.


''I think we have to entertain a definite possibility, Megan.'' What I thought in my head and how it came out were two completely different things. I sounded like a posh twit, which might of been the reason she burst into a fit of giggles. Mood swings, sad to happy. Another sign.


''And what would that be Mr Staal?'' She said in a ridiculous English accent.


''I might be way out of line here but, ehh, do you. . . emmm ..... think you ... ehh ... might be... pregnant?'' I stuttered a little. ''I mean I could be completely out of line but surely it's possible, we weren't always the safest.'' I said quickly whilst smiling a little - remembering some of previous adventures.


I watched her face go blank. Nothing. Except for a single tear and then she erupted. She buried her face in my shoulder and sobbed uncontrollably so much that I was sure she was in danger of making herself sick.


''Sshhhhh baby,'' I whispered as I rocked her small body against my own, wrapping my arms firmly around her with the intention of never letting go


''I'm ... 2 months .... late,'' She said in between short heavy breaths. She moved her head to look me at me.


''Listen I want you to know that I'm not going to leave you. I'll be here every step of the way. It's not the best time but so what when is it ever? I'll support you, this baby will be so spoiled. First we need to confirm it, okay?'' I'd said my piece now we had to figure out if it really was happening. ''First thing in the morning we'll go to the store and get a test - together.'' I finished.


''Please will you stay with me tonight?'' She asked pleading with me with her eyes.


''Of course I already told you, I'm never leaving you. Promise.'' She smiled and I could only hope she knew I was telling the truth.

8 comments:

  1. Eek! Becky, only you can make me love Jordan Staal... seriously... just you. I've read other stories and they do nothing for me, but he's just so... awesome the way you write him!

    I love that he just runs over... and he's not pissed or anything about having to leave... he's totally just concerned about her.

    Ok... the english accent thing... LOLOLOLOL I seriously laughed so hard at that.

    They're relationship is so awesome... =D I love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D baby time with jordan = the cutest thing to imagine in my head lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this update Becky. I love that he's so sweet with her. I didn't think it was possible, but you make me love Jordan even more than I already do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so that was adorable!! I love the possibility of a baby, but I'm aslo scared for Megan's health if it's not a baby!!
    Update soon girls, I love this story!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohmygod i just read this whole story tonight- its 12:25 I'm gonna be so tired in the morning but it was effing worth it!!! amazing amazing amazing<3333

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guys;
    Please update this soon! I'm dying here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please tell me you guys aren't done with this story yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. are you guys finished with this story because i just found it and think it is really great and also think you should continue it

    ReplyDelete